Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time to start

I've been too lax at keeping track of my own stats so I'm going to use this mostly just for myself. Goal is to post significant hands and ending with my net for the session and my net since day 1 of this blog. Just to start somewhere, I will start with yesterday. If anybody's actually reading this besides myself, I play in a number of underground poker rooms in NYC. Therefore vague names will be provided for those games.

Day 1 (Village 1/2 game):

 Bought in for $200. Slowly built myself to a little over $300 (nothing of note except for a $50 win bluffing an ace on the flop since I had position). Up comes hand where I'm on the button. 3 limpers. Cutoff raises to $12. I call with A3dd. MP calls. Flop: AhQdTc. Checks around. I don't think this is a good spot to bet so I check. Turn: 8d. Checks around. Now I have top pair and a flush draw on  a scary board. With an approx $40 pot, I bet $50 (probably too large in hindsight. MP check raises to $200. This spot sucks. I know MP doesn't have absolute air but I don't think he has a straight or a set either since he checked the flop and turn. He would have bet out with those hands. So he either has AT, A8 (worst case) or I have 14 outs (possibly 12 outs with 1 to a chop as well, I guess, but not as likely). With $150 to win $390 (with it pretty easy to get my final $90 or so in on the river), I made the marginal call. River blank. Check check. MP shows QT. Well, at least I was right in where I was at. Reloaded for another $200.

Got insanely card dead. So when UTG bet $10 and there were 5 callers before it got to me on the button, I made a loose call (from now on, a loose call on this blog means a wrong call) with J3ss. Flop comes 10s9c5s. Checks around to cutoff who bets $60. I call, everybody else folds. Turn 8c. Cutoff bets $100, I jam for $37 more with the flush and OESD. Obviously called. Bare nut flush draw. I just went from 15 outs to 12. Could be worse but still disappointing. Run it 3 times, blank out. Rebought for $100. UTG raises to $17. Pick up AQo. Tilt jam, called by UTG with JJ. End of night.

Session: -$500
Net: $-$500

No comments:

Post a Comment