Wednesday, August 17, 2011

EV? FU

First, I had another losing on Monday that I don't even want to talk about. Just a bad call, a bad fold, a bad raise, a bad call, etc. On to last night back at Bleeker.

Bought in for $200. It was down to $155 and I had an aggro on my right that straddled for $4. I pick up pocket 3s and call. 3 other calls. Straddle raises to $20 more. I know he has a decent hand but will raise light. I call. Flop 882. He bets $30, I call. Turn 7. He bets $75, I think for a little and jam. He thinks for a decent amount and then calls with JJ. Well, at least I have decent respect for him to not snap call.

Rebuy for $300. Don't remember what happened specifically (a number of speculative hands, I know) but I got down to $150 another player at the table convinced me to reload (game was playing super deep). So another $200 went in. I hit a pair and a nut flush draw, bet it all the way when my flush hit the turn and built my stack up to $600. After another draw that didn't get there, I was down to $550 when this hand came up.

I limp in at UTG+1 with 78dd. Late position raises to $15. SB reraises to $45. I know both do this really light (more on this at end of hand). UTG calls and I decide to call. Late position goes all in for $200 more. SB calls so I know at least he doesn't have a monster pair. UTG folds and I decide with $580 in the pot that I have the right odds to call. Flop comes TJQ rainbow. Crap. Check, check. Turn 9d giving me the diamond draw. SB (who only bets when he has something and will call anything once he does) bets $200. I have the implied odds so I call. River blank. SB shoves for my last $100, I fold. He had KQo. Late position said he had AJcc. Buy in another $100 on top and get coolered (999 < 99JJJ).

Edit: Forgot I won $5 in Big Deuce before the game started

Session: -$795
Net: -$2200

No comments:

Post a Comment