Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Listen to yourself more often

Sometimes I have to remind myself things I already know. Not in priority order:

#1) If you give yourself a goal, stick to it.
#2) Stop putting yourself in marginal spots.

Back to the Village. Get there at 7 for the start of the Yankee game. At the 6th inning, I tell myself that if the game ends before I sit down, I'm leaving. Game gets tied, goes into 9th. Top of the 9th the Angels score 2 runs. At the bottom of the 9th, one guy goes to get up and the next guy waiting who I told my deal to convinces him to stay til the end of the inning. Yankees can't score and I give up that seat. As I'm going to get my stuff, somebody else said they're getting up. I should have left anyway. Instead I sat down and just buy in for $500.

Take a minor pot or 2 and now I'm in the small blind. Raise to $12, 5 limpers and I have 3h5h. I call. Flop comes 8h9hTh. I bet $40, MP raises to $100, everybody folds. He has only $75 behind or so and I go all in. He calls with the bare 7h. Hits his flush and I'm already down to $300 and change. I get the button. Raised to $12 and 1 caller. I see JhTh and raise to $35. Call, call. Flop comes Kd8d7c. Original raiser bets $75, next guy calls, I fold. J hits turn and AK loses to 9To.

A round later I'm in the SB. After the limpfest, BB (standard tight player) raises to $23. Button calls, I call with 33. Flop comes 7c8c9c. Checks around so I know BB doesn't have JT or a flush and wouldn't raise pre with any pair or connector that just hit the board. Turn 7d. I bet $75 (close to a pot size bet). BB calls, button folds. I put him on either a big pair or Ac. My pocket pair may be good and there's a lot of scare cards I plan on bluff jamming with. River comes 8h. I don't see him as the type to fold a big pair so I give up and check. He checks his AcKh. Damn, could have bluffed that but lost my balls.

Final hand of the night I have TT in the cutoff with a stack of $165. Raise to $15 and get 3 callers including the button. Flop comes 8cJc4d. Checks to me, I bet $40 (too much?). Button calls, everybody else folds. Turn blank. I jam for $110 figuring to charge all draws and possibly get a weak jack to fold. He calls with QJo. River 7c. GG.

Session: -$500
Net: -$1000

No comments:

Post a Comment