Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finally

A winning a session where my dumbest/worst call was for $30. Not saying I hit every hand but I had the proper odds to call the hands I lost. Just because my pair and a flush draw didn't improve doesn't mean I was wrong to get ~$250 of my chips in the middle in a 3 way pot. Just because an ace hit the flop doesn't mean it was wrong for me to re-raise to $50 in the SB with QQ. Actually, when 3 people called a $13 initial raise, may be I should have raised more because we ended up with 5 people seeing that flop. Sucked seeing the Q hit the turn though after I folded.

Highlights: Won $20 in Big Duece before I sat down. Hit 2 sets and successfully bluffed flush and hit a nut flush in my first round. Was up $300-400 most of the night. Folded top pair K kicker when I knew it was no good.

Lowlights: 2 big splits and a minor beat.

First chop: LP who just sat down who I never played with before raises to $15. One caller (same situation, just sat down, no read), I call, SB calls. Flop comes QQJ. Check, c-bet of $35, call, I bump it to $100, SB shoves for $270, mutter fold (was told he had KK), fold (was told he had AJ), I call. Turn J river blank. SB has Q9o and we chop.

Second chop: I'm in SB and UTG straddles for $6.  7 limpers before me and I again see AQo and pump it to $66. BB calls, UTG jams for $12 more. Folds around to me (call) and BB tries to stick in the rest of his chips there (I think like $70 or so) but is told ha can't. Flop comes AT5. I check knowing BB will jam, he does, I call. Turn 5, river 5. I chop again with BB who had A9.

Beat: Pick up AJo UTG. Call. 3 callers and BB who has been tilting and card dead jams for $66 total. I know I'm ahead of a good chunk of his range and flipping with another decent amount so I call, everybody else folds. Qc9c hits his flush. Oh well.

Session: $160
Net: -$2061

No comments:

Post a Comment